Education for Tax Professionals since 1989
CTEC 60 Hour Qualifying Education
Fundamentals of Taxation (Individuals)
A comprehensive introduction to the taxation for individuals who want to become a taxpreparer. Cover topics from the basics of filing status to the intricacies of owning your own business. Suggested for those individuals interested in learning more about our tax system. A MUST for those persons pursuing a career in taxation.
This course meets the education requirements to become a licensed tax professional in California. 45 hours federal, 15 hours California
This 60-hour qualifying course covers the following:
· Tax History, Accounting Periods & Methods, Keeping Records
· Overview of tax forms, Marital Status, Filing Status
· Earned Income, Wages, Tips, Etc.
· Standard Deduction, Personal & Dependent Exemptions
· Deducting the Kids, Child Tax Credit, Child & Dependent Care
· Unearned Income, Interest, Dividends, Etc.
· Itemized Deductions I; Medical Expenses, Interest, Taxes
· Itemized Deductions II; Casualty Losses, Contributions, Misc.
· Tax Benefits of Education; Hope & Lifetime Credit, Etc.
· Retirement Income, Pensions, Social Security benefits
· The Sole Proprietor, Income & Expenses
· Capital Gain Transactions & the Sale of your Home
· Retirement Planning
· Rental Income & Expenses plus other Passive Activities
· Travel, Entertainment & Home Office Expenses
· Estimated Payments, Underpayments & Amended Returns
· Plus the California tax implications of the above
· Open-Book Tests
· Multiple Choice and Review Questions
· No extra books or materials to buy