Education for Tax Professionals since 1989
CTEC 60 Hour Qualifying Education
Fundamentals of Taxation (Individuals)
This course is currently under review to update and make it compatible with the new CTEC requirements; we expect to have it ready by the end of July 2017. We appreciate your patience during this process.
A comprehensive introduction to the taxation for individuals who want to become a taxpreparer. Cover topics from the basics of filing status to the intricacies of owning your own business. Suggested for those individuals interested in learning more about our tax system. A MUST for those persons pursuing a career in taxation.
This course meets the education requirements to become a licensed tax professional in California. 45 hours federal, 15 hours California
This 60-hour qualifying course covers the following:
· Tax History, Accounting Periods & Methods, Keeping Records
· Overview of tax forms, Marital Status, Filing Status
· Earned Income, Wages, Tips, Etc.
· Standard Deduction, Personal & Dependent Exemptions
· Deducting the Kids, Child Tax Credit, Child & Dependent Care
· Unearned Income, Interest, Dividends, Etc.
· Itemized Deductions I; Medical Expenses, Interest, Taxes
· Itemized Deductions II; Casualty Losses, Contributions, Misc.
· Tax Benefits of Education; Hope & Lifetime Credit, Etc.
· Retirement Income, Pensions, Social Security benefits
· The Sole Proprietor, Income & Expenses
· Capital Gain Transactions & the Sale of your Home
· Retirement Planning
· Rental Income & Expenses plus other Passive Activities
· Travel, Entertainment & Home Office Expenses
· Estimated Payments, Underpayments & Amended Returns
· Plus the California tax implications of the above
· Open-Book Tests
· Multiple Choice and Review Questions
· No extra books or materials to buy